Xiaomi has launched its new budget-oriented Redmi model the Redmi 12C in China. Normally, C series devices would not be launched in China. This time, however, Xiaomi seems to have changed its mind with the launch of Redmi’s C series device in China.
C series is a series with much lower features compared to other series. It’s the first time we see a C-series smartphone in China. We have leaked some specs of this smartphone and said it will be introduced soon. Now the features of the new Redmi 12C have been officially announced. Let’s take a look at the Redmi 12C!
Redmi 12C Launched
This is a budget-oriented smartphone. Ideal for those who don’t want to spend a lot of money on smartphones. You can take high resolution photos with the 50MP camera of Redmi 12C. And its 5000 mAh battery will allow you to use the device for the whole day. It has remarkable features in its segment and is offered for sale at a very affordable price.
Redmi 12C was first introduced in China. It is expected to be launched in other regions as well. If you want to read news about previous leaks of this model, click here. We are adding the technical specifications of the officially introduced Redmi 12C. Here is the affordable Redmi 12C!
Redmi 12C Specifications
- Redmi 12C has 6.71 inches waterdrop notch 1650 x 720 resolution IPS LCD display. The screen size is perfect for movies and TV shows. There is also a drop notch on the screen. The good thing about the drop notch is that it’s not in the middle of the screen. Who wouldn’t want the screen to be OLED or AMOLED, but an LCD panel is used to keep the price affordable.
- In addition, this screen with 8-bit color depth can provide brightness up to 500nits.
- The Redmi 12C basically has 1 rear camera, the main camera is 50MP. It also has a 5MP front camera.
- Redmi 12C comes with a 5000mAh battery that charges with standard 10W. Normally, the Redmi series would have a minimum charging speed of 18W. However, since the C series is one of the lowest series, the standard 10W is used.
- Redmi 12C comes with MediaTek Helio G85 Processor. GPU in this chipset is Mali-G52 MP2. It has a processor that can perform very well for daily use, but cannot be said for games.
- It has 2 versions, 4GB and 6GB RAM. And these rams are running at LPDDR4x speed. It uses eMMC 5.1, albeit a bit old. But for a normal user it will be quite enough. If you want to use an SD card, it has support up to 512GB.
- Although it is one of the lowest segments, it has a fingerprint sensor behind its cover.
- From the outside, the thickness of the device is 8.77mm. And it has a weight of 192g. It uses the old style 3.5mm jack input. Although it is old, it is very good to have a 3.5mm jack input. Also, it uses Micro-USB charging port. No need to use Type-C as it is charged with 10W.
- Xiaomi has offered 4 color choices for Redmi 12C. Shadow Black, Deep Sea Blue, Mint Green, and Lavender.
- Thanks to the 1217 loudspeaker it has, extra sound comes out of its speaker. Nice feature for a low end device.
- Redmi 12C runs out of the box with MIUI 13 based on Android 12. It will probably get 1 Android update and 2 MIUI updates.
- There is not much to say about the price. It’s cheap enough for anyone to buy.
- – 4GB+64GB : 699 CNY
- – 4GB+128GB : 799 CNY
- – 6GB+128GB : 899 CNY
We have listed the features of the Redmi 12C. Affordable smartphones will be available in many markets. We will inform you when there is a new development. What do you think of the Redmi 12C? Do not forget to share your opinions.