As you may or may not know, POCO Launcher got a rework with much better animations. And we’ve found a way to hide app titles on POCO Launcher 4.0! If you’re someone who prefers a minimalist launcher experience, or just want to declutter your homescreen, this guide is for you.
As you all problably know, latest POCO Launcher got a rework with better animations and all other leftover additional stuff that was included in MIUI Launcher but was not in POCO Launcher. So, with the update which were supposed to add leftover stuff, there were still some small amount of things were missing. Today, we found how to hide app titles on POCO Launcher 4.0 just like how there was an option on MIUI Launcher, and doesn’t require anything such as root or additional stuff to do so. Just follow the proccedure below properly and it should work.
Hide app titles on POCO Launcher 4.0
First of all, you of course do need the latest POCO Launcher on your POCO device to start with. If you don’t have it, you need to install it.
Once you have the latest POCO Launcher, you also need SetEdit app which will be used in this guide to edit a value.
- Open the SetEdit app.
- In here, tap “Add new setting” button in top.
- For the name, type in “miui_home_no_word_model”.
- For the value, just type in “1”. Ensure that the setting you added is saved by checking it in list.
- Now we want to force stop the POCO Launcher so it applies it. Open settings app.
- Scroll down until you find “Apps”. Tap when you find it.
- Tap “Manage Apps”.
- On here, scroll down until you find “POCO Launcher”. Once you find it, tap on it.
- Tap “Force stop” and go back to home screen. And that should do it! You should have the app titles hidden now.
How to get titles on POCO Launcher again
As easy as it was hiding the titles, it’s also easy to revert the titles. Just follow the steps below.
- Open SetEdit app.
- Scroll down until you find “miui_home_no_word_model”.
- Once you found it, tap it.
- Tap “edit value”.
- Set the value to 0.
- Then force stop the POCO Launcher with the steps shown above.
And that’s it! That’s how you can hide app titles in latest POCO Launcher or make them visible back again. Please be aware that this should work on all devices, if it doesn’t, then try with another version of POCO Launcher.