On May 15, 2019, restrictions were imposed on Huawei by the U.S. government, and some phones could not use Google products due to this situation. But against this situation, some solutions developed by third-party developers to install Google product. Although these methods are not stable, we take no responsibility for problems that may occur when using the methods here.
1. Method: OurPlay
OurPlay is an application developed as an alternative to GSpace and Dual Space. Installing GMSCore, Play Store and necessary services ready for use by automatically installing them in the sandbox. According to users, the games run smoothly. It can be run in any EMUI version, so you do not have to switch versions. And it is recommended for use by the community. Detailed information can be found in this video.
2. Method: Googlefier
Googlefier is the most popular method, but it only supports EMUI 10, so to use it, you need to downgrade your phone to EMUI 10 first. After you install and run the app, it will complete the installation phase with simple instructions. If your Huawei device is still running EMUI 10, then simply download the APK from the forum thread linked below and install it on your Huawei device, Googlefier will install basic services on your device. Once installed, grant the app all the necessary permissions and then follow the steps described to install GMS on your phone.
Roll Back to EMUI 10 from EMUI 11
The first thing you need to do is backup your phone because rolling back to EMUI 10 will wipe everything from it. Once you’ve done that, follow the steps below. Also note that this method does not work with the Huawei Mate X2, whose software cannot be rolled back.
- Download the Huawei HiSuite software for your Windows PC from the Huawei website
- Enable HDB. To do this, go to Settings > Security > More Settings > Allow Connection via HDB
- Connect your device to your computer
- Select “Transfer files”
- Give your consent to the requested permissions
- HiSuite will ask for a verification code to confirm synchronisation. This is displayed on the screen of your device
- On the HiSuite home screen, tap the “Refresh” button
- Then tap the “Switch to another version” button
- Tap on “Restore” after “Reset”
- After this process, EMUI 10 will be installed on your device.
3. Method: GSpace
GSpace is officially available in the Huawei App Gallery. It has the same logic as OurPlay, Google products are installed in the virtual environment. But users have indicated that they have problems with the games.