What is Magisk?
Magisk is an entire framework with the help of which we can install custom modules that helps us take our Android Device to a whole new level. There are many modules that exist in Magisk that provides all sorts of modifications, such as cloaking, tweaking, and extend Android functionalities.
Magisk is one of the the best open-source solution for rooting Android. Magisk is a module-based application that offers a Systemless Interface that allows easy modification of our device.
What are Magisk Modules?
Magisk is an open-source systemless root method that does not modify the /system partition. All thanks to Magisk, it is easy for developers to develop modules that work with Magisk Manager in order to add more functionality to your Android device. Many of the Magisk modules are developed with the aim of customizing your device and adding various functionality to the device. There are magisk modules that can change the device’s UI, help manage user and system apps, custom emoji, change fonts, improve performance, and many more.
Are Magisk modules safe?
Overall I’d say yes, the Magisk is safe. The Magisk and the modules that are available, much like the hammer and sickle, has the ability to be abused by the users when used for other purposes outside of its scope. It’s not malware either, if that’s what you meant.
How to Install Magisk Modules?
Installing magisk modules is simple and easy if you already have Magisk flashed. The only difficult task in gaining root access via Magisk is getting the bootloader unlocked. Once you have Magisk flashed, you can now do everything that Magisk provides with the Magisk Manager. We will not go to the rooting process but towards installing magisk modules. Below is a detailed guide:
- Open the Magisk Manager app. On the bottom right side of the screen, there’s a section for Extensions, tap on it.
- You’ll now see an option to install magisk modules from storage and a list of all available Magisk modules to download.
- To install a module, chose any magisk modules from the available choices you’re given, and tap install. You might even search for the magisk module you want with the search bar. The Download option saves the module to your phone’s storage, while Install downloads and installs the module in one step. If you have already got your module downloaded, tap on Chose from Storage option.
- Tap Install. This process will not take too long, but it depends on the size of the module you are flashing.
- Tap Reboot when prompted, and your phone will restart with your module installed.