When it comes to the accessories for your specific device, you should be handy about it, because there are two branches of accessories, original and bootlegs. Bootleg accessories are mostly made under ground, recycled materials that are unworthy, and could shorten, even kill your device’s life cycle.
Here’s what to use as original accessories.
1. Original Charging Accessories
Most of the technology brands make their accessories identical to the device you got, all tested and ready for use. The original components are already waiting for you inside the box. What would happen if you don’t use your original charging accessories?
- Your battery will have a shorter lifespan.
- Shortages/outages will happen more frequently.
- Uncontrolled charging will tamper with the whole motherboard, causing performance decreases, unbelievable amount of heat coming from both battery and the processor, making your device unusable.
Always be careful to buy your charging components from the companies itself.
2. Original Glass Protection
Just like the charging components, the glass protection also comes inside the box. it’s also made just for your device and made with top notch equipment with top notch material. What would happen if you get a bootleg glass protection?
- There’s likely a high chance that the screen protector will get scratch marks even with your fingernails.
- The screen is very much likely to break in a fall.
- There will be an edge gap in your screen which tampers with the usage.
Overall, it’s a bad decision to buy a screen protector from your suburban phone seller.
Although, you can buy some nice screen protectors from the popular companies, Spigen is an example for that.
3. Original Phone Cases
You bought your phone and you want to protect your device and also feel the grip of your phone. With the out-of box transparent cases your phone brand made for your device specifically, you can do that. With bootleg cases, though, you will have such problems as this:
- Pressing the side keys will be harder than normal
- The case won’t even fit on your device correctly
- It would show your phone even worse, speaking of style.
- It won’t give you the protection you want.
It’s also the worst decision to buy off-brand phone cases. which are nothing but plastic.
4. Original Headphones
When it comes to headphones, the bootlegs are literally EVERYWHERE. Those bootleg headphones are just to be about style, here’s what will happen if you get bootleg headphones:
- Potential hearing loss.
- Headphone breaking in 1/2 weeks.
- Muffled sound quality.
- Potential of exploding.
It’s not a good idea to have an off-brand headphones just because the price is lighter compared to the originals.
Off-Brands/Bootlegs can come in handy if you are low on money, yes, but you need to be careful about those. Research the brand, research the material that has been used for the accessory, it it is alright, use it. The worst thing that you can do to your device is blind-buying a bootleg accessory.