On some Xiaomi phones such as POCO X3 Pro the option for 90 Hz is not available in the settings but we can still force MIUI to enable 90 Hz all the time.
As we said before on some devices 90 Hz is not available in the settings but with “Adaptive refresh rate” screen can turn down refresh rate from 120 Hz to 90 Hz. And with 3rd party apps we can use 90 Hz all the time. You might ask; “why use 90 Hz when i could use 120 Hz?”. Increasing refresh rate to 120 Hz will lower your battery life because screen works harder than 60 Hz. But with 90 Hz it’s kind of like a sweet spot for usage, 90 Hz does not use much power as 120 Hz and its almost smoother as 120 Hz. So here is how to force your display to 90Hz without root!
Force enabling 90 Hz with 3rd party app
For this process you dont need root you will only need an app that can be found on Google Play Store
Download SetEdit (Settings Database Editor) from google play store
Before starting, be careful any setting you change besides our guide tells you to change might cause issues with your phone and we are not responsible for these issues.
- Start with enabling Show refresh rate in Developer settings
- To enable Developer settings;
- Enter Settings > My device > All specs
- Tap on MIUI version until it enables Developer settings
- Enter Additional settings > Developer settings > scroll down until you see “Show refresh rate” option and enable it
With enabling this option you can now see the screens refresh rate on your display.
- Open SetEdit
- Scroll down until you see “user_refresh_rate”
- Tap on it and a pop-up window will show up, hit EDIT VALUE
- Change value to 90 and save changes
- Now exit the app and reboot your phone
- After rebooting enable Show refresh rate option in Developer settings to confirm the screen running on 90 Hz mode
If this didnt work try changing your refresh rate back to 120 Hz and rebooting. After reboot do the same steps until screen uses 90hz mode.
Congrats! If everything went smoothly and with no issues you can use your phone with 90 Hz.
With POCO F3/Redmi K40/Xiaomi 11X after enabling 90 Hz there might be color inconsistencies appearing on the display. This is to be expected because MIUI’s color calibration is especially bad on this devices.