Xiaomi is known for its top-notch electronic devices. It is more popular for its Smartphones but is focused on developing life-changing smart devices. One such device is the Mi Box S. Mi Box S is a modern TV streaming box that expands the functionality of your TV. It compares to the likes of Apple TV, Nvidia Shield TV, and Roku. In this post, we aim to teach you how to setup Mi Box S.
The gadget comes with a remote with buttons you can use to launch Netflix and Google Assistant. It comes with a set-top box, using which you can access your favorite video streaming apps, search the web for information, and enjoy videos on the big screen. Thanks to its minimalist design, the set-top box will blend perfectly into any indoor environment. The plastic case with rounded corners is painted matt black. The surface is pleasant to the touch.
Now let’s find out how to setup Mi Box S.
How to setup Mi Box S?
The process of setting up a set-top Mi Box S is simple. You can set up the device very easily given that you follow the instructions properly. Here’s a step-by-step guide on How to setup Mi Box S:
- First, create a Google account and turn on the Mi Box S.
- A welcome message will appear on the screen. Now select your desired a language from the list of available languages.
- Next, select the most appropriate setup option (Standard Control Panel/Android-based Mobile). In the first case, the device will sync using a verification code. The set-top box will automatically copy the account and connect to the network, and open the main menu of the Android launcher. In the second case, the setup is done manually.
- To configure over the Internet, select the appropriate Wi-fi connection and enter the password.
- Next, log in to your Google account. enter data for authorization using the remote and allow or disable the location permission.
- In the next stage, name the set-top box and select the set-top box to install from a list of applications.
Set up your Mi Box using your Android Phone
The Mi Box allows you to quickly set up your TV using your Android phone. This is a more hassle-free way to set up the Mi box. This is the way to go if you don’t want to use the remote to select email and passwords letter by letter. To set up your Mi Box using your Android Phone:
- On your Android phone, open the Google app.
- Type or speak “Okay Google, set up my device”
- Navigate to find MiBox4 (108) on the list
- Verify the code on your new device and you’re good to go.
This was all about how to setup Mi Box S. Leave your queries in the comment box.