Today, TeamWin released the latest version of the popular custom recovery, TWRP 3.6.2. TWRP new release brings a lot of bug fixes in preparation for Android 12 support and to resolve existing issues on old Android versions.
TWRP new release 3.6.2 with changelog
Android is an open-source mobile operating system that’s widely used on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets. Android recovery mode allows users to restore their device back to its stock or factory condition should something go wrong while they are using the device. The main purpose of TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project) is to provide fast, reliable and easy root access for various android devices as well as flashing custom ROMs onto them.
What comes with the TWRP new release 3.6.2?
TWRP 3.6.2 is now out for most of the officially supported devices. It is a bug fix update that mostly focuses on improving adaptability and resolving current issues. TWRP team is still working on Android 12 and for the time being, there is no ETA. The update includes certain keyblob structure updates for helping users with encryption, changes in boot control in order to help with the image flashings, and certain other improvements and fixes for backward compatibility.
Here is the full changelog for TWRP new release 3.6.2:
- Android 9 and Android 11 Branches
- A12 keymaster keyblob structure file update (for no pin encryption), thanks to zhenyolka and Quallenauge
- Bootctrl overridden for image flashing, thanks to CaptainThrowback
- Android 9 Branch
- Dump functions for Keymaster 3 thanks to koron393
- Android 11 Branch
- Mtp ffs handle gets recreated whenever USB cable is unplugged, thanks to nijel8
- Compile vendor kernel module loading support only if requested, thanks to CaptainThrowback
- Missing selinux contexts added, thanks to CaptainThrowback
- Sepolicy comparison on vendor fixed, thanks to webgeek1234
If you wish to flash this new update and do not know where to start, you can follow up on How to install TWRP on Xiaomi phones content. What do you think about the new update? Let us know with a comment down below!