As you may or may not know, installing a custom launcher on an Android device is a huge part of customization when we talk about customization on Android. There are tons of custom launchers out there, each having many many different options and so on. The reason why people like to install a launcher is on Android stock launcher customizations are so barebones usually and don’t give the user what they like. And so today, we will show you how to install a custom launcher on MIUI along with setting it as your default homescreen.
How to install a custom launcher on MIUI
First of all, we need to download one from Play Store to use it. It’s easy to download one, just follow the steps below to do it.
- Open Play Store from your homescreen.
- Tap on the search bar which is on top.
- Type a launcher that you want, in this case we will be going with Nova Launcher.
- Once you find one that suits you, download it.
Now as we downloaded one, we need to set it as our default homescreen. You can do it by following these steps.
- Open settings.
- Go to the “Apps” section.
- Go to the “Manage Apps” section.
- On here, tap on the 3-dot menu located on top-right of the screen.
- Tap “Default Apps” once the menu pops up.
- On here, choose “Launcher” section.
- And then, set the launcher you installed as default home screen.
- And that’s it!
Now you have a custom launcher as your default homescreen that problably has way more customization options compared to the stock launcher that Xiaomi gives. We also showed you some else launchers that got launched before from manufacturers along with their wallpapers, such as Nothing Launcher which we published in past as an article. You can see a comparasion below of Nova and MIUI launcher’s homescreens after the installation process above.
You can easily install another one from the process explained above, it’s not hard to do it. Although some launchers are not being updated for a long time and they might not support the newer Android versions, therefore they might not work on your phone.