Android 12-based MIUI 13 Beta version has been released. However, the rooting technique for this version is different. Thanks to this explanation, you can easily Root MIUI 13 Beta.
Any desired customization can be done on the device with root. A MIUI Mod can be installed. An LSPosed module can be loaded. You can customize as many as you can think of. However, these require Magisk to be installed. Rooting with Magisk was causing problems on MIUI 13 and Android 12 versions. But with this version of Magisk you will overcome this problem.
Warning: Root permissions may cause your phone to not boot up again. Make sure that every transaction you make is risky.
Required Steps Before Rooting
- You have to install TWRP on your Xiaomi phone before rooting. The guide is here
- Downloading latest Magisk from here.
- Install downloaded app-debug.apk.
- Find downloaded apk in file manager (Storage/Download) and select it
- Tap more and then tap rename
- Rename app-debug.apk to app-debug.zip
Flashing Magisk from TWRP
- Power off your device
- Enter TWRP with key combo (Press and hold volume up and power button). You have to install TWRP before doing this.
- Tap Install, find your “app-debug.zip” file. Select and swipe it like this.
- Then tap on “reboot system”.
- It’s done. Your phone is rooted now.
Thanks to this method, you can root your MIUI 13 device based on Magisk. After this process, you may have problems installing the updates. If an update comes, you must manually download the updates using the MIUI Downloader application and install them via TWRP. Remember, TWRP will be deleted after each update is installed.