With the eRecovery mode available on HUAWEI phones, you can restore stock rom on your bricked device by over WiFi.
When the device cannot boot the Android, if you installed a custom rom or if you have rooted, you want to restore stock rom, try eRecovery is easy to use. The feature comes with all HUAWEI devices since EMUI 4.
- This method deletes all data on your device. You must ensure that you have backed up your data.
- Make sure there is at least 30% battery power.
- Installation may take a long time, be patient.
How to Use HUAWEI eRecovery
- Step 1 – Turn off your phone, connect it to the computer with a USB cable, and press the volume up + power buttons until the device turns on in eRecovery mode.
- Step 2 – Touch “Download latest version and recovery”.
- Step 3 – Touch “Download and recovery” and select WiFi connection.
- Step 4 – Once the Internet connection is established, the update package will automatically start downloading.
- Step 5 – Once the process is complete, the device will restart and the Android will start.
If your phone does not boot after downloading and installing, there may be a hardware issue.