If you bought a device second hand or from anywhere not official, it might have it’s bootloader unlocked. Theres quite easy ways to check if bootloader of a Xiaomi device is unlocked which we will show to you in this article. They are pretty easy to do, and only requiring you a pc to do it.
1. Check from Settings
This is the easiest step to do it and takes around 10 seconds to do or so. But there’s a slight issue which is that this one can be faked by the seller and make it seem like it’s locked. Here’s how you do it.
- Open settings.
- Go into “Device Info”.
- Tap “All specs”.
- Tap build number repeadatly until it says that the developer options are activated.
- Go back to the home page of settings app.
- Go to “More options”, then go into “Developer options”.
- Scroll down until you see “Mi unlock status”. Tap on it once you saw it.
- On here, you can see if your device is unlocked or not. But as said, this one is fake-able, so following other two methods are recommended.
2. Check via Fastboot
You need a PC to do this step, along with ADB installed.
- Boot your phone to fastboot by powering it off, then holding power and volume down button until you see the fastboot logo appears.
- Once you do, open a command prompt on your computer.
- Type “fastboot getvar unlocked” and hit enter. It will show you if your device has bootloader unlocked or not.
3. Bootlogo Lock Icon
This is also one of easiest ways to understand is bootloder is unlocked, but it’s not supported by all Xiaomi devices unfortunately. But still, it’s really easy to check it.
- Reboot your phone.
- Wait until the Redmi/Xiaomi/POCO logo appears.
- Once it appears, check if you have a lock icon that is unlocked. If so, that means the device has bootloader unlocked.
And that’s it! These were the easy three different methods to check the bootloader unlocked state on your Xiaomi device.