Xiaomi phones/tablets have their user interface based on android, named MIUI. But sometimes when users want to update/or downgrade, they get confused because of there is too much files in Xiaomi’s website.
And not only that, there are also other custom MIUI ROMs such as Xiaomi.eu. Theres a pretty easy way to download the true ROM without getting confused. This guide shows you how to download the correct MIUI for your device.
How to download latest version of MIUI
There are two ways to download the ROMs for your device. These two guides show you how to do it separately.
1. Download MIUI using MIUI Downloader app
- Download MIUI Downloader App from here
- Open the app.
- Choose your device. Normally the app automatically shows your device right in the top of the list. But if it didn’t, find the device from the list.
- Choose the ROM you want to download. In this case I will download the latest fastboot ROM for my Redmi Note 8 Pro.
- Choose the ROM region you want to download. In this case I will go with Indonesia as it has MIUI apps compared to Global.
- Tap “Download” button in fastboot section of the ROM. If you also have TWRP/Recovery, you can also choose recovery rom and flash that as well.
- Voila; you’re done!
2. Download MIUI using website
- Enter the MIUI MiRom EzBox website here
- Tap 3-Dot/Line menu.
- Tap “Mi Phone”
- Find your device in list.
- Find the region you want to download. In my case I want to download Indonesia one as fastboot.
- Tap the download button.
And you’re done! Happy flashing.
How to Install MIUI
For flashing fastboot ROMs, you can refer to this guide which also explains it.
Keep in mind that a full backup of your data is recommended while flashing these ROMs as they will probably wipe your data. Also, for fastboot ROMs, a PC is required (guide is linked above). For the recovery ROMs, flashing process might be different for each device. Please do a research before flashing it.