Mi Account is a service that stores some data and informations of Xiaomi users. It is also used for device security. You need to reset Mi Account password when you forgot it. because if you reset your device in this way, your device will be locked. And you won’t be able to open it because you don’t know the password. In this case, you can use the website to reset your password. In this article, we will see ways to reset Mi Account password.
How to reset Mi Account password from Web
You can use this step when you cannot reach your phone. You can use any device that has internet access.
- Firstly, go to official Xiaomi Account site. Then you will see login screen. Tap the “Forgot password?” button marked with red square like photo below.
- Then select the required communication method for recovery (Phone number/E-mail/ Mi Account ID). And type your information then click the “Next” button. if you fall on the robot verification screen, you have to do that too.
- After that you will see this screen. Here the site will send a code to your phone number to verify you. Press the “Send” button to send the code.
- The code will come to you as an SMS. Enter the code below and press the “Submit” button.
Now you can change the password of your account. And you can unlock your phone if it’s locked.
How to reset Mi Account password from Phone
In this option, you can reset your account password using the settings tab of your own device.
- First tap the settings app. Then scroll to down little bit. You will see “Mi Account” section. Tap on it.
- You will see the login screen. Tap the “Forgot password” button here. After that enter your phone number for receiving SMS code. Then tap next button.
- Then tap the “Send” button. After that enter the code that you received from Xiaomi. And you will see the password reset screen. Now you can change your password. Don’t forget using a strong password.
You can easily reset Mi Account password by following these ways. If you cannot reach your phone number, you can use your e-mail address instead. If an e-mail is not connected to your account and you have changed the phone number registered to the Mi Account, you should contact your operator to get the code. If you do not know how to remove Mi Account from your device, you can learn by following this article.