Xiaomi is now one of the world’s most popular smartphone brands but smartphones weren’t always the bread and butter of the company. It initially started out with MIUI, a software interface similar to iOS but with many unique improvements such as a powerful theming engine and useful pre-installed apps. MIUI went through tons of changes over the last 12 years. It now offers plenty of new features and many users are still unaware of some of the useful features. One such feature is MIUI optimization. But don’t worry, in this post, you’ll learn what MIUI optimization is and everything else related to it.
What is MIUI Optimization
MIUI optimization is an option that helps to load the app and the app data in parallel to reduce load times and ensure a smooth user experience. It also enables a lot of MIUI-based settings & optimizations & interface as per the guidelines set by the MIUI developers.
The MIUI optimization can help your Xiaomi smartphone function better. Because it dismisses recently used applications and manages RAM so that your phone can run applications seamlessly and efficiently. Moreover, it also lowers the power consumption to give a better battery life.
Should you turn off MIUI Optimization?
MIUI Optimization is meant to help boost your phone’s performance but sometimes it can cause a variety of issues on non-MIUI-based apps such as Google Apps & Apps from Google Playstore. It is recommended to disable the feature if you rely much on Google Play Store for apps and services or use Global Stable or Global Beta MIUI ROMs. The following issues are reported to occur when the MIUI Optimization is Enabled:
- Unable to install third-party launchers like Nova, Apex, or Google Now launcher.
- cannot set wallpaper using in-built options via custom launchers.
- lags, stutters, or freezes while scrolling web pages & long lists.
- Unable to set accessibility services on reboot.
- Background apps cannot sync data.
- Music players stop working after some time.
- UI Animations not synced properly.
If you are facing any of the above issues, you might want to turn off the MIUI optimization in your device. Not sure how to do it? Let’s learn that in the next section.
How to turn off or on MIUI Optimization?
Turning MIUI optimization Off/On can be a little tricky because in some phones the settings are hidden. You can turn off/on MIUI Optimization by following the steps given below:
- Head to the Settings
- Scroll down to find Additional Settings and tap
- Now look to find Developer Options. If it’s not visible, go to the about section on the settings and tap on the MIUI version, keep tapping until it displays “You are a developer now”. Once you get this message, head over to the Advanced settings and you’ll find the developer option.
- Now scroll down in the Developer options to find MIUI Optimization and turn it on/off
This is all about MIUI Optimization. If you have any doubts, drop them in the comments section.