Did you know that you can now run Android applications directly without using emulator apps? With Windows 11 this is possible.
Amazon Appstore was introduced and Microsoft was said that users can directly install Android applications from here. Unfortunately, Amazon Appstore is only available in US region.
So how does an regular Windows 11 user activate the Windows Subsystem Android? Let’s get started.
Windows Subsystem for Android Installation
- First we need to enable a few features. Press Win+R and run OptionalFeatures.exe
- Enable Hyper-V, Virtual Machine Platform and Windows Hypervisor Platform.
Suggestion: If one of the boxes isn’t checked and it gives an error like “The proccessor doesn’t have SLAT capabilities”, stop installing. Because that means your CPU doesn’t fully support virtualization, and Windows Subsystem for Android won’t open.
- Wait a little.
- Restart PC when finished.
- Now, it’s time to download the WSA package. Go this site. Click “URL (link)” button and select “ProductId”. Paste 9P3395VX91NR this ID, change search type to “Slow” and click the checkbox for search.
- You will see a long list. Scroll down to the bottom and select the package that says ” MicrosoftCorporationII.WindowsSubsystemForAndroid_xxx.msixbundle” and download it.
- In order to install package manually, you need to turn on the developer mode. Go Settings > Privacy & Security > For Developers > and enable Developer Mode
- Now, press Win + X and select Windows Terminal (Admin).
- cd “package location”
- Run this command: “Add-AppPackage packagename.Msixbundle”
- It will start installing the package.
- When finished, “Windows Subsystem for Android Settings” will appear in Start menu > All apps. Open it.
- Congratulations. If you see this screen, it means that it has been successfully installed.
Install Apps on Windows Subsystem for Android
If you don’t want to mess with Amazon Appstore, you can install apps by sideloading. You need to install adb libraries for sideloading. if you didn’t install adb, guide is here.
- Open WSA settings and enable developer mode.
- Pick up generated IP adress.
- Open command line.
- cd “.apk location”
- adb connect “ip adress”
- adb install “filename.apk”
- If it says success, it means it was installed.
- Go to All apps and open your installed app.
That’s it! Now you can open Android apps on computer whenever you want.